Effective: January 1, 2020
It is fundamental to our respect for you and our other customers that you understand what personal information Tall Harvest may collect about you, how we may use and share this information, and the steps you may take to limit this use or sharing.
Personal Information We Collect. In general, we collect personal information about you to support your relationship with Tall Harvest and to manage our business. We obtain personal information through various means, including:
- Forms and requests you submit to us
- Your communications and dealings with us (on our websites, in stores, at special events, over the phone and by mail)
- Website tracking applications (for details see “Online Tracking” below)
- Our affiliates and third parties
- Other sources
The personal information we collect may include:
- Name, address, telephone number and email address
- Billing information, such as credit or debit card number, verification number and expiration date
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us
- Online browsing information (for details see “Online Tracking” below)
- Other personal information
We may combine the personal information we receive from one source with information we receive from other sources.
Online Tracking. In order to make improvements to Tall Harvest.com and your online shopping experience, we automatically receive and record information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, Tall Harvest cookie information (see below), software and hardware attributes, and the pages you visit. To do this, we may use applications that recognize your computer and gather information about its online activity.
For example, we use “cookies” on our website. A cookie is a small amount of data, often including an anonymous unique identifier, sent to your browser from a website. If your browser’s preferences are set to accept it, the cookie is stored on your computer’s hard drive. Your browser will permit a website to access the cookies it has sent to you, but not the cookies sent to you by other websites.
Our cookies provide information that makes it easier for you to use our website. They enable you to make purchases on the website and move uninterrupted between site areas. They collect information about your use of our site, your computer’s operating system and browser type, your Internet service provider, domain name and IP address, and the website visited before our site and the link used to leave our site.
- To allow you to access your information when you “sign in” to your account
- To provide you with customized content
- To remember the last page you visited
- To keep track of preferences you specify while visiting our website
- To conduct general analysis and research
- To identify purchases made in response to our advertising
A cookie does not allow us to read any other information from your hard drive. If you are concerned about having cookies on your computer, you can remove them at any time. You can also set your browser to block cookies or to notify you when you receive a cookie, allowing you to decide whether or not to accept it.
We may also use an application known as a “web beacon.” A web beacon is an electronic file that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be placed on a web page or in an email to transmit information, which could include personal information. We may use web beacons, in conjunction with cookies, for a number of reasons, including:
- To assist in tracking and analyzing advertising effectiveness
- To verify purchases made on the website
- To count and recognize site visitors
- To personalize your experience
In addition to our use of these applications, certain third parties and affiliates may set and access cookies on your computer and use web beacons in conjunction with them. For example, third parties or affiliates may administer Tall Harvest banner advertising programs on non-Tall Harvest websites, or they may provide auditing, research or reporting. Specifically, a third-party provider may collect information to target some Tall Harvest advertisements. For information about this practice, including privacy and confidentiality, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website.
Please note: To complete a purchase on our website, you will need to accept cookies sent by our site. If you choose not to accept our cookies, please call us to place your order by phone. Blocking our cookies may also impact the usability of other features on our website.
How we use Personal Information. In general, we use the personal information we collect about you to support your relationship with Tall Harvest and to manage our business. We may use your personal information for various purposes, including:
- To complete a purchase or other transaction that you initiate
- To respond to your request for information and provide you with more effective and efficient customer service
- To provide you with product updates and information about products you have purchased from us
- To customize the advertising and content you see
- To help us better understand your interests and needs, and to improve your Tall Harvest experience
- To make improvements to our websites
- For analysis, marketing research and reports
- To manage our business
- As permitted or required by applicable law
- For other purposes
We may also use your personal information to contact you by email, postal mail or phone regarding Tall Harvest products, services, promotions and special events. Please see privacy preferences if you wish to restrict the use of your personal information for this purpose.
If you request that your Tall Harvest purchase be shipped to someone other than yourself (such as a gift recipient), we may also use the recipient’s personal information as described above. Like you, these recipients may restrict our use of their personal information for purposes of being contacted by email, postal mail or phone regarding Tall Harvest products, services, promotions and special events. Please see Privacy Preferences.
Why and How we Share Personal Information. Tall Harvest may share your personal information with our affiliates and with third parties (companies not subject to common ownership or management with Tall Harvest) as follows:
- To assist us in providing you with services or completing a purchase or other transaction that you initiate
- To assist us in managing our business and to perform activities such as research and analysis
- To assist us in marketing, such as the administration of our promotional email and online advertising programs
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims
- When we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or violations of our terms and conditions
- As part of our assets in the event of a sale of Tall Harvest or of substantially all of our assets
- As permitted or required by applicable law
We may also share your name and contact information with our affiliates and third parties so that they may contact you by email, postal mail or phone regarding products, services, promotions or special events that might appeal to your interests. Please see Privacy Preferences if you wish to restrict the sharing of your personal information for this purpose.
If you request that your Tall Harvest purchase be shipped to someone other than yourself (such as a gift recipient), we may also share the recipient’s personal information with our affiliates and third parties as described above. Like you, these recipients may restrict the sharing of their personal information for purposes of being contacted by email, postal mail or phone regarding products, services, promotions and special events that might appeal to their interests. Please see Privacy Preferences.
Privacy Preferences. You have choices about our use and sharing of your personal information for marketing purposes. You may, at any time, ask us not to:
- Use your personal information to contact you by email, postal mail or phone regarding Tall Harvest products, services, promotions and special events that might appeal to your interests
- Share your name and contact information with our affiliates and third parties so that they may contact you by email, postal mail or phone regarding products, services, promotions or special events that might appeal to your interests
You may also have the opportunity to express your privacy preferences when submitting certain information to us, such as during a transaction or on an event registration form. In addition, our email communications always include a method for you to unsubscribe from our email list.
Please note that, regardless of your request, we may still use and share certain information as permitted or required by applicable law.
If you have any questions, please send us an email with firstname.lastname@example.org in the “to” field.
You may also call us toll-free from within the U.S. or send a letter to:
Tall Harvest Ltd
P.O. box 139, Kampala, Uganda.